Christoph Schindelar's Real Displacement Shaders

Discussion in 'Cool Things for VRAY' started by luke.letellier, Oct 14, 2015.

1. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

Ofengestalter and loufelix like this.
  2. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Yeah, i know Christoph and these are done with Photogrammetry. He used real photographs and software like Agisoft to get 3D objects. Then he baked them into displacements and made the tileable with the Substance Suite. I promised him 3 weeks ago to send him pictures of roots and ground in the woods, but unfortunately I didn't find the time so far. You need a lot of images from different angles for one object.

These tileable textures are great for close to mid distance landscape and architectural renders.
  3. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

yes i also tested them and can recommend them(i am in contact with him), they are very detailed and more for detail shots of course.
    his textures will be also available on 3dtools.info in nearer future for all.
  4. IceMan7

IceMan7 MC2015

Depending on price...I too would be interested.
  5. pBarrelas

pBarrelas MC2015

Yes, they do look good! I wonder how they look on wider shots
  6. corporate

corporate MC2015

Hi Stefan, i´m trying to setup an test scene with the RD-Textures. I am just wondering where to put all the texture maps. Maybe you can share your result / material / file if you have one?
  7. stefan

i have used them once, seem to work. i cant remember exatt he layers he has there included, many arent needed for a real physical setup.
    displacement goes obviously in displ channel, normal map/bump in a adv brdf mit bump on, specular in glossy spec channel, diffuse color in diffuse channel and a brighter version in spec color. can ge the glossy mat to be inverted and used with mix value of the glossy slider

you can send me an example if you wan and i can try find to look at it again (is ok he gave me a copy once somewhere, so is no issue)
  8. corporate

corporate MC2015

Oh many thanks for your quick reply. I will try it like you told and share my result and send you the scene if i have further questions :)
  9. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Just an update. Christoph Schindelar released a video how to use the RDT maps in Vray 3.4 made by the Curse Studios.
  10. artdude12

artdude12 MC2015

11. stefan

yes they work good in vrayforc4d, i have many here and tested them some time ago (havent seen the video, i hope they explain all right)
  12. Pixelwolf

Pixelwolf MC2015

Not really ;) I think you should spend him a masterclasss ticket. :D:D:D
  13. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

If you or one of your team know some optimization, just share them. You should know the engine in Cinema 4D better than anyone else :D.
  14. stefan

they work fine out of the box, just load the displ texture, set an ok displ setting, and put the channels that fits to the BRDF, done. ( you only need displ, diffuse, specular roughness and normal map tex to a physical brdf out of them)
    Vision4Next likes this.
  15. Jean-Didier

Jean-Didier New Member

those are great. One point : if you set up the AO chanel with a regular Cinema "Filter" effect that make the material unable to be render with DR. Any way arround that ? Cheers,
  16. sirio

sirio Well-Known Member

Use a Vray layered max shader and multiply the AO over the diffuse.