New 3D model search engine

Discussion in 'Off_Topic' started by Alex Birdman, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member

Hi, everybody!

Two months ago we've started 3d model search engine.
    Its like a Google, but only for 3d models.
    http://3dmdb.com/ - 3d model database.

Soon we'll add filters by price/format and search by pictures and by topology/profile/shape.

What else is necessary for your opinion? Would be great to get any feedback from you.
    Thanks.
    choppir, Garban, flugfeld53 and 6 others like this.
  2. Ofengestalter

Ofengestalter MC2015

Great! Thank You!
    Alex Birdman likes this.
  3. rhouse1

rhouse1 Member

Its a great start! I always wondered why something like this didn't exist already. Kudos for creating it. Will it tap into more 3d model sources in the future? P.e Sketchup 3d Warehouse
    Some other useful filters might be Textured or Shaders, and maybe a filter for Rigged when searching for cars/people/etc.

Just a side note would be the text over the renders is hard to read sometimes, maybe put it under the render similar to the google shopping grid view. This is just my opinion, otherwise great work!
    Alex Birdman likes this.
  4. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Looking good. Filtering according to file format is highly useful!
    Alex Birdman likes this.
  5. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member

Thanks a lot for your comment!
    Yes, we want to try to index all existing websites with 3D models. I've added 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com to our index list. If you know more interesting resources - write it, please!
    We'll try to add all necesarry filters - the price filter will be rready in a few days, and then - others.
    What about the text over previews - yes, I agree. We already have got normal design, but I don't know, where can we introduce it... =)
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  6. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member

Thank you, will be ready soon!
  7. rhouse1

rhouse1 Member

Awesome, I have already told my coworkers about it and they are excited! I will let you know if i can think of any other 3d model sources.
    Alex Birdman likes this.
  8. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member

Thanks for you comments!
  9. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member

Good news!

There are more than 2 million 3d models in the index of our search engine.

Thanks to users support the number of models increases and grows every day. The total number of models can be viewed on the main page http://3dmdb.com

Cheers and thanks for help.
  10. Alex Birdman

Alex Birdman New Member