scenected

Character Emily 2 with Al Shader

Discussion in 'W.I.P' started by Schawk, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Emily_Scene_Post_AlHair9.jpg Emily_Scene_Post_AlHair11.jpg Thanks Stefan. And yes, please do.

I created some new hair. Not really sure if it works as yet.
  2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

great again! and thanks for letting us show them:)
  3. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Emily_Scene_Post_AlHair12.jpg

Happy to!

This version, I've tried to match the skin of the original photo of Emily.
    It's pretty close I think. More natural. I think the hair is starting to look more natural too.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Vision4Next likes this.
  4. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Love the hair. Definitely your best up to now. Nice haircut and great shader. A bit of bluring/anti-aliasing could help in the lower left part of the hair.
    Schawk likes this.
  5. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Emily_Scene_Post_AlHair11_Big.jpg View attachment 21197

Good idea Vision4Next.
    DOF adds to the photo realism. Photoshopped here, so not entirely accurate.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    pxlntwrk and Vision4Next like this.
  6. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

7. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Emily_Scene_Post_AlHair13.jpg

A new Hairstyle based on Marilyn Monroe. I have a Blonde version going overnight. For some reason blonde hair seems to take 3-4 times longer to render.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    stefan, vid2k2, Rectro and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Wow! Now you have to do a tutorial ;). Recto and you really show what can be done with Skin and Hair. You're definitely in front here.
    By the way: Arnold no longer supports the AlShaders and that's really a shame. Several people complained and that's definitely one point for Vray!
    Rectro likes this.
  9. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Thanks Vision4Next. Funny enough it's Rectro's hair tutorial I came across on You tube earlier this year, that got me going on the hair module.
    I can highly recommend it! So all credit to him. I must say I am still getting to grips with it.

As far as Al_skin and Al_hair shaders go, I read through the tutorials from the creator Anders Langlands ( http://www.anderslanglands.com/)
    and found a You Tube tutorial on the hair shader used in Maya to give me a better idea how it's implemented.
    A nice tip is to use the Vray TexHair info in the Melanin slot and maybe the other slots. This gives you scope to create some colour randomness.

I'd heard about Arnold dropping AlShaders. I guess the possibility is they have got better substitutes implemented.
    I see here http://www.cgfeedback.com/cgfeedback/showthread.php?t=4876&page=81 our old forum friend RK_Art, has been testing it.
    Rectro and Vision4Next like this.
  10. Rectro

Rectro Active Member

Great work man. Love seeing this stuff come out of C4D even if it uses Vray as its engine. I think there has been a large void over the years with realistic character work, and this kind of thing is sure to draw attention to both Vray and C4D. I hope some day to achieve scan quality sculpts, but I think its achievable. The peach fuzz, and hair style on the last render looks great, a duplication of the same hair tag, 10% of its hair with more frizz and it will look super realistic.

Dan
    Vision4Next likes this.
  11. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Thanks Dan,

Funnily enough, I do have a duplicate hair tag of the main hair, at a much lower percentage, it's just I've made a dogs dinner of the extra kink and frizz.

IMO, judging by your incredible GOT character your pretty damn close to scan quality already.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2017 ---
    I've been working on getting more believable eyes. It's getting there?

Emily_Eyes.jpg
    JayH, mrudolf, superduper and 5 others like this.
  12. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Great render. Excellent skin, brows and eyes. Still using the alShaders?
    Schawk likes this.
  13. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

Really AMAZING skin renders! Great work.
    Schawk likes this.
  14. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

Thank you kindly.
    Still Al Shaders, although the brows are Vray Hair.
    With the Al hair, the lighter the colour the longer the render. Black hair renders pretty quickly but blonde is Sooo Slow and very noisy too.
    Vision4Next likes this.
  15. Garban

Garban MC2015

Amazing work! Congrats!**
    Schawk likes this.
  16. Schawk

Schawk MC2015