scenected

New V-RAY for C4D feature wish section

Discussion in 'V-RAY for C4D_Feature Wishes' started by stefan, Apr 29, 2017.

1. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

tx:)

this feature was never away and is still there, same place as it aways was....(turn on expert mode in case)
  2. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Still there:

upload_2017-10-10_16-56-34.png
  3. stefan

4. burn75

burn75 MC2015

thank you....sorry for that :) to blind
  5. iac

iac MC2015

In menu bar... name V-ray Bridge to V-ray or VrayforC4D

6. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Another big wish:
    - Maybe it is possible somehow to assign displacements to selections as well. UDIM support is nice, but selections work for all other Vray shaders and so I miss displacement sometimes. Especially when importing assets from other programs.
    Rectro likes this.
  7. stefan

displacement is a modyfier in vray, it always works ont he full object(in all vray verisons), so we cant limit it to selections, at leats not for the 3.x or older sdks (maybe they add some for v4)
  8. stefan

displacement is a modyfier in vray, it always works ont he full object(in all vray verisons), so we cant limit it to selections, at leats not for the 3.x or older sdks (maybe they add some for v4)
  9. Vision4Next

Vision4Next MC2015

Thanks for clarifying this. Hopefully Chaos Group adds a feature, that this modifier can be restricted to a selection of polygons in v4 (wishlist!). Breaking up the model into separate objects will often lead to visible edges. I wonder, if there is a solution or workaround in Maya or Max. At least UDIM is an option in Cinema 4D.
  10. Vizn

Vizn Member

I wish the VRay Light Lister would show the path for any IES file attached, and be able to select multiple lights and revise/change the IES file in one shot. Yes, naming lights appropriately would mitigate this need, but if lights are not correctly named, then this would be a very helpful backup method.
  11. doger29

doger29 MC2015

Is there a possibility to make the auto mode inside the Color mapping tab fully automatic? When iam saving 32-Bit Images we have to switch to none in order to get the correct Gamma. Thats not my understanding of an automatic function! It is really tedious to look up what mode is correct everytime.
  12. stefan

normally, at least with the usual setup the auto mode handles all automatic, also 32bit saving.(when i use it here it does it fine p.e)
    but c4d has many cases sadly, so it seems not to handle all c4d variants yet. i hope the developers at a point will cover all.
  13. Vizn

Vizn Member

I wish it was possible to rotate a bitmap in the shader, instead of rotating the mapping on the object. Some third-party models (e.g. evermotion) use the c4d transform in layer, but this of course doesn't work for DR.
  14. stefan

yes that i wish too, so far the devs had not been able to find a trick for that.

evermotion files are sadly always pretty bad in ther materials and shaders, so you will need to adapt them almost all time before use(models are nice though)
  15. crush4

crush4 New Member

A region render for stereoscopic images would be cool
  16. stefan

you can use this already or?

get region and render it out in stereo, or do you mean some else?
  17. crush4

crush4 New Member

yes I can do this already. But I can render out only the region of one side of the stereoscopic image. It's very uncomfortable cause I have to render two times (each side).
  18. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

Any updates on motion blur with X-particles?
  19. matossilva

matossilva MC2015

I wish that we can have a advanced to standard material converter... I'm really impressed with the speed on the new standard material, so I need to change my library... ;)
    from my tests, I can ensure a hudge speed on Glass; water; 2 side materials...