HQ Grass vol.1

New V-RAY for C4D feature wish section

Discussion in 'V-RAY for C4D_Feature Wishes' started by stefan, Apr 29, 2017.

1. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

it is designed for xp3 not 4, so i cannot tell yet. i bought xp4 as pre sale for testing and my self for use, but i cannot give any details yet until it is out and we have a version in hands
  2. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

Can't you talk to the developers about getting a pre-release version so that everything can be prepped by the time of release? I'm sure they would have let you in on the beta months ago so that you'd have plenty of time for programming.
  3. iac

iac MC2015

It is possible to add Lasso Tool selection render area....?

I think... we can save lots to time in render.

Thanks.
  4. sirio

sirio Well-Known Member

Use render mask.
  5. stefan

Yes it can mask any(for also freedom) to the render....
  6. iac

iac MC2015

nll does not work in render mask.... not a good idea combine all objects to single and then mask it.

7. haniel1107

haniel1107 MC2015

XP4 & vray: I am wondering, if it will be possible to use vdb in anyway to render xpExplosia with vray... Do you have any idea or are you a beta tester? All teasers are looking amazing, especially xpExplosia...
  8. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

The XP team hasn't mentioned anything about third party renderers or the ability to export OpenVDBs for fog volumes (which isn't promising at all). I have been asking about quite a bit over on the CGtalk forums, but nothing yet.
  9. haniel1107

haniel1107 MC2015

I agree, today saw the xpExlposia Teaser part 2. Nothing about vdb together with fog... not a good sign... let's see in 2 weeks..;)
  10. stefan

Any openVDP (industry standard) grid can be rendered, it is only a matter of getting the right settings in theory. We have no info if xp4 exported in industry standard vdbs yet, but i assume they will do this.

If they can export their vdb in usual way, it can render(as fog, as fire, as smoke, as mesh as fluid, etc)

As nobody of us seem to have a beta of xp4 i think we have to wait for the release.
    My guess is they can export all volumes data to vdb so it will be able to render in any renderer supporting vdb(like vray does)
    haniel1107 likes this.
  11. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Don't know if anybody saw this, seems we can be calm for their vdb support:

https://insydium.ltd/site/assets/files/1048/cinema-4d_2017-11-29_14-08-17.png

upload_2017-12-10_12-27-8.png
  12. haniel1107

haniel1107 MC2015

this is a cool post, will try to it out, as soon I figured out, how to mesh explosia... without 3rd party...it won't appear with vdb mesh, doing something wrong... did you could get it to work?
  13. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Don't own it - yet:) Since vray vdb and this is finally available I will have to buy it.

Did you check the link? This is in their faq listing.

I think we should not spam this topic - would be very good to open xp4 and explosia vdb topic.
  14. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Going back to wish list - Is it possible to get 2 options for volume material (and fog):

1. Receive shadows
    2. Cast shadows

Instead of 1 option which turns off both of them? Casting shadows on big scenes does nothing and slows down render times 2-4 times :/
  15. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

Deleted; sending content in PM to Haniel. Sorry!
  16. stefan

i really not have the time go through foreign plugin threads on other forums;)

that said xp 4 can make openvdb and any vdb is normally renderable if setup fine in a 3rdpart engine.
    i also bought xp4 for myself but not yet had the time to test it, some test user said on first test it works fine with vray though

this has also no place in this thread here please, best you make an separate extra support thread here, for xp4 and openvdb,particles etc
  17. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

Sorry! Content was meant specifically for another user; Edited/Deleted, and sending content in PM instead.