New V-RAY for C4D feature wish section[post ONLY software feature request here]

Discussion in 'V-RAY for C4D_Feature Wishes' started by stefan, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Frank Schmidt

Frank Schmidt New Member

Animation-Denoising under OS-X
  2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

You have that via the OS X denoise cmdline tool(is same as windows)
  3. doger29

doger29 MC2015

Please fix DR compatibility for Spherical Renderings for both Eyes at the same time. Currenty you can't render the Left and the Right View at the Same time with DR without getting Errors. Only Left View and then Right View separately.
  4. mahdirender

mahdirender New Member

is there possibility to include the support for infinite ocean with vray material to be able to apply on infinite plan like Phoenix fd plugin
  5. stefan

i think you can use the v-ray ocean shader which is from phoenix (for water displacement), it doesnt repeat
  6. raum01

raum01 MC2015

any news on the 3.6 fixes?
  7. stefan

the 3.,6 gamma if you mean tat is fixed and intesting atm (if ok i put it online this night or tomorrow)
  8. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

And other issues, like the comp tag?
  9. stefan

The comp tag is no issue but actually fixed from 3.4(was not working right in all cases),
    But please use the intended workflow to put it on the source objects not the generator.

I asked the devs if they also can make the case working to have it on generator, but i cannot tell yet if that will work.
    In case of course you will get an update.

The gamma fix version i hope to be able to give you tomorrow ( so far testing looks ok)
  10. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

This did not work also, and this problem is a serious bug, which MUST be fixed. Can't even imagine how they can say it's now fixed?? Till it's not fixed, I'm not even hopping in 3.6.

Since we are paying now for planned yearly updates, CG could be more pro with the updates and constant issues. We are really tired of learning new workarounds than vray potential itself.
    luke.letellier, pxlntwrk and Schawk like this.
  11. stefan

putting the comp tag on the source object for sure works. I use that all time myself.

If you have a scene where not send it to support email please.

As said i asked the devs to try to add this feature but i cant tell any yet, they say the way c4d works this seems not trivial without breaking the instance advantage.

(On a side note, if CG would wanted to do the c4d version they would do it, we only do it as long they not want to do it, that’s the reason i initiated it as c4d user myself 12 years ago)
    RwVision likes this.
  12. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I must find some time to prepare scenes and mail some other issues I found working past few months.
  13. indexofrefraction

indexofrefraction New Member

hi... i got a feature wish about the standard material...
    is there a reason the std material doesnt have a mix mode like in c4d materials and in vray adv materials?
    mix mode is really a flexible tool and allows to use a textures in different ways than only mix (multiply)
    it would be very nice to have it in the std material, too.. what do you think?
    best
  14. stefan

the standard material is made that way by chaogroup, the mix modes we added in our layered brdf, anyway for physical rendering it is not recomended to use this mix modes(add and soem others) produce overbright colors which shoudl be avaoided)
  15. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Agree, I noticed that some mix modes add extra brightness to channels (even specular/reflection). I stick mostly only to muliply.

But mixing in vraylayer shader should work fine, right?
  16. indexofrefraction

indexofrefraction New Member

yes mix mode can produce overbrightness if used wrong,
    but well, there are about a million things in vray you can do in a wrong way. :)
    for me it is strange, that the mix mode is missing there.

for example a brighter specular color is very easily done by copying the diffuse texture,
    set mixmode to add and color to ~20% white. you can't do that with multiply.
  17. stefan

there is very few you can do wrong in vray, just use defaults more or less on all places;)
    a brighter spec is better done in just set mix value to like around 50% and have spec color white.

anyway mix modes are in the layered brdf we made but not in the vray standard mtl. as said this is as chaosgroup made this.
  18. Schawk

Schawk MC2015

It would be nice if we could get HDR Light Studio working with IPR/IRR correctly. It's nearly there.
    Surely it's just a case of communicating with Lightmap directly, to get some info channeled on both sides, to implement a quick fix. Maybe?
  19. luke.letellier

luke.letellier MC2015

There needs to be an official section of the plugin that lists the exact build number that's currently installed. Right now the newest versions all show "VrayforC4D v3.600" very prominently at the top - but the latest version is not version 3.600 - it's Version 3.603 (or something similar).

Users *need* to have an easy way to determine which exact version they currently have installed simply by looking somewhere inside the program interface. This is Software 101.

Instead of the version number being displayed as an icon/image/jpeg, perhaps it can just be plain text - which would be easier for the development team to edit for each build/version.

If anything, it will be a help to your tech support team, allowing users to easy reference and share what version they have installed.
    AWOLism, RwVision, Pixelwolf and 3 others like this.
  20. stefan

this is a feature wish section no wish for log fiels or different notes or the like.

there will be the annoucement section with infos on updates on such minor builds, as we have it now.
    the builds have a date in them as indication of the number.

it indicates clearly the date and version and what was done. one who wants to see it and be updato date can easy see it there with all needed infos.
    just look there here an there if you waynt to be always on the latest version.

the support team expects you to use the most uptodate version of course. (as it is free to all)