Exterior Housing in Holland

Discussion in 'User_Gallery' started by Rupart, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Rupart

Rupart MC2015

Hi there,

This is one of our latest projects. It's a bit the style we use for most of our housing projects (which we get a lot these days as economy improves here :eek:) ). Hope you like it and when there's anything you think we can improve I'm more than happy to here it!

Cheers, Ruby

Attached Files:

sirio, Ofengestalter and HenrikH like this.
  2. choppir

choppir Well-Known Member

Nice Rupart, Just add some dirt & it will increase your rendering quality a lot :)
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  3. Rupart

Rupart MC2015

Thanks Choppir! Something we allready discussed here, some leaves and dirt especially in the corners of the curb and bicyclepath. Not sure if we're gonna do that in PS or in 3D but working on it!
  4. choppir

Cool! :) What you can do it to uvmap it & texture it in PS which works really well...

or you can try this:

Visualtricks taught me this years ago...:

Here are the steps:

1- wireframe screenshot to use as base reference:
    www.visualtricks.it/wip/base.jpg

2- composed textures for the variuous parts:
    www.visualtricks.it/wip/ref1.jpg
    www.visualtricks.it/wip/ref2.jpg
    www.visualtricks.it/wip/ref3.jpg

3- i merged and cropped each facade into a single image to use into diffuse material channel

4 - applied each material to the corresponding poligon selection of the building

Here's the thread he posted in 2008...http://forum.vrayforc4d.com/index.php?threads/1358/page-3

Hope it helps as it helped me a lot.

Cheers
    Choppir
  5. Rupart

Rupart MC2015

Thanks Choppir! What a nice trick, didn't know about that! I tended to use BP UV Edit but I always wind up with a lot of frustration as this part of Cinema really sucks i.m.h.o. Will surely try this one as it seems a lot quicker! Thumbs up!
  6. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

there is a plugin i use for many of that facade and street UV stuff from us called UV spline mapper 1.2. you can make UVs directly controlled by a spline(interactive) no need for bodypaint at all in most of these cases then:)
    it is my inhouse c4d mapping tool, but we made it availabel to all.
    choppir and Rupart like this.
  7. choppir

Thats a pleasure man :)
  8. Rupart

Rupart MC2015

Thanks Stefan!