Plugin - Refractive Index Importer

Discussion in 'Cool Things for VRAY' started by mrwhite, Jun 13, 2017.

1. mrwhite

mrwhite MC2015

2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

You can also just use the complex ior osl shader included in vray and enter the n and k balues from regractive index.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. stefan

looked the video, seems cool. actually it is for V-Rayforc4d and automatically adjusts the RGB curves in colormapping tab.
  4. Pixelwolf

Pixelwolf MC2015

Yepp, I made a quick test and it works great.
  5. stefan

still the vray osl complex ior shader might be easier to use and does the same:)
    martijnlambada likes this.
  6. gr4ph0s

gr4ph0s New Member

Hi as the author of the plugin. firstly thanks for sharing it ! Any feedback is welcome !
    About the history I have made this plugin 10 months ago while vray complexe ior shader didn't exist.
    But you are 100% right, now it's a bit outdated since you integrate complexe ior.

I want to add is not particular to vray. You can use it in any render engine.
    I only map it to vray using SetDriver/SetDriven.
    I used in Arnold. But again in arnold 5 they implement their own complexe shader.
    For other render engine I don't know them as much, but i'm sure you can implement it simply using a facing ratio and doing a ramp curve for each channel.
    martijnlambada and Pixelwolf like this.
  7. stefan

great plugin! still nice you made that:)

as for v-ray , as said it already has that in since 3.4 via the complex IOR shader(osl)
  8. Pixelwolf

Pixelwolf MC2015

Great to learn every day something new about vray :) But I canĀ“t find the "complex IOR shader(osl)" or am I dumb?
  9. stefan

Pixelwolf likes this.
  10. stefan

11. Pixelwolf

Pixelwolf MC2015

HQ Grass vol.1