Affinity photo on ipad pro for editing

Discussion in 'Off_Topic' started by ianosss, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ianosss

ianosss MC2015

Just wondering, has anyone tried using Affinity photo on ipad pro for editing either arch viz or product 3ds? Something I'm condsidering buying but just seeing if anyone else is currently using the ipad pro for editing and any thoughts on using it professionally. :)
  2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

if you have a pen it might work, but the screen is still very small i feel.

for me main missing would be that it yet cant edit 32bit, or did they change this?
  3. ianosss

ianosss MC2015

Yes thats true, I would get the 12.9inch screen. I like the idea of editing on the go if needed, and can that it can be used with the imac or mac book also.

It says it does 32-bit editing. On the link below, it mentions it near the bottom of the page.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/ipad/
  4. stefan

thats great news, if it has 32bit editing now i update my win license of it!

i also thought of getting a 12inch ipad pro, that or a new mac book pro.... (cant decide yet)
  5. sirio

sirio Well-Known Member

Just buy Astropad(the cheap version), then you will be able to use wathever software you want taking advantage of the touchscreen/pen of the iPadPro. I use this setup quite a bit on Photoshop and Cinema4d(for sculpting, complex polygon selection and spline drawing), it's also great for many other tasks that will require pen precision and/or pressure control.
    I'm about to buy Affinity too in a few days, I'll let you know about the iOS version.
  6. ianosss

ianosss MC2015

I was looking into Astropad also. How do you find working on an pad for photoshop and Cinema4d, Is the screen size a problem?

Just noticed they now have a studio version of astropad which is subscription based. Think I'll go for the standard one for now. :)

OK thanks, much appreciated. :)
  7. sirio

sirio Well-Known Member

Screen size is not a problem, is like drawing on an A4 sheet. I usually restrict the Astropad working area to viewport only because otherwise it will be too small to reproduce my entire desktop(3440x1440). Go for the standard app.
  8. stefan

i just bought affinity desktop for windows and it is great after the first impression, also updated it for my mac book pro to 1.5.
    guerss this will lead to make me get the ipad pro. atropad looks interesting! thx Sirio!
    sirio likes this.
  9. ianosss

ianosss MC2015

I was impressed with the desktop version of Affinity Designer and Affinity photo. Maybe a Photoshop subscription killer :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2017 ---
    Anyone tried Affinity on the ipad yet? :)