Vray Denoiser GUI preview

Discussion in 'Cool Things for VRAY' started by RwVision, Oct 9, 2017.

1. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Hi Guys,

Finally, I could work on that and can show you latest test of denoiser GUI. Basic options are working, as well as the animation denoising. Automatic frame range and manual input.

The video is little long but anyone can see how the process of denoising looks. You can compare the non-denoised image and speed between using i7 5820k 4,1Ghz vs GTX 1060.

Please download for better quality:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kafybjuwmljkhy/Vray_denoise_GUI_test_171009.mp4?dl=0

Better explanation and vray denoising workflow will be explained when I finish with all basic functionality.

Cheers
    Rafal
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    sirio, doger29, pxlntwrk and 3 others like this.
  2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

very nice:)
  3. haniel1107

haniel1107 MC2015

cool, thanks!

hmm, trying to start the "vdenoise.exe" from tools folder... Only a window opens and closes directly... tried without antivirus and admin, - same reaction... Is it the right tool I am trying out? vdenoise.exe
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  4. jopa79

jopa79 MC2015

Yes, it’s the right tool but it’s a command line tool without a user interface.
  5. haniel1107

haniel1107 MC2015

thanks!**
    yes, could see the help text, through cmd with "-help"... looks a little complicated;)
  6. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Hi Guys,

Checking in with an update on the GUI:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsw66pgron16fp7/Vray_denoise_GUI_test_171124.mp4?dl=0

upload_2017-11-24_13-53-14.png

While working on many scenes with the denoiser, it was essential to me to save appropriate settings for each scene. Manually editing lot of .bat files could be a struggle, so most important to me was to create a working load/save option for the GUI.
    It is now almost fully working and it can read your settings from previous saved .bat files and read if you set + the value of frame range:

For those, who were really interested in denoising and want to test the program - please pm me
    sirio and pxlntwrk like this.