scenected

Creating realistic clouds with Vray Environment Fog and Physical Sky

Discussion in 'User Tutorials' started by Yama, Dec 1, 2010.

1. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

eon works on that, but the ciurrent not direct i think (you can always save it as hdri still or sequence though and use in any app)
  2. shtl

shtl Member

Hello Stefan.
    You look like being in touch with E-On? Do you have info about VueXstream?
    That would be great to have it compatible with Vray too. The last version, 9, is very very great!
  3. stefan

yes we are connected with them, they work on both. i really cant tell when they finish it though.

cheers
    stefan
  4. shtl

shtl Member

OK, sweet!
    Thanks for feedback Stefan :thumbsup:
  5. georgess

georgess Member

Can't seem to open the zipped tut. I'm getting an error message too.
  6. linhely

linhely New Member

I'm creating a heavenly environment, and it's important to have somewhat wispy dimensional clouds that don't just appear like 3d volume noise. While the example is nice for a background, it hardly seems detailed enough to fly through..
  7. steinmann+schmid

steinmann+schmid New Member

I know, i am a bit late in this discussion, but i was trying to create the cloudy sky like yama did in his tutorial. I am using vray 1.9 now, and it seems to me that the standard c4d noise shader don't work in the fog density. I was trying to use the noise FBM-Shader like yama did, but it created no fog at all. With the vray-noisemax shader it worked, but the results were not so well. Am i doing something wrong, or is the standard c4d FBM-noise shader just not working with fog density (though i've activated the automatic baking function for c4d shaders...)?
  8. stefan

you needed to use vray shaders. they are pretty nice for clouds too:), try a bit,
    there is also a new maya noise by the way in 1.9b, and you should be also able to layer and mix them.

we also work on additional famous bercon noise shader by the way,which will add great noises on vray shader side, once ready we post a version for this too (bercon noise is a very powerful noise)
  9. openeyeknows

openeyeknows MC2015

hey stefan .. and please add the extra coord system for the gizmo .. so we can freely move the gizmo and the noise sticks to it ;) thanks mate *
  10. stefan

yes i have noted that already in past, we will get there too
    openeyeknows likes this.
  11. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

Any updates on this in the upcoming new update? Also, why c4d's noise is now not working with fog?
  12. stefan

in v3 we get beside the volume fog also open VDB (open volume grid) support as new feature.

in the current 2.55 based version it is needed to use vray shaders to use fig, you can use them with the layer shader to build up complex noises.
    i see that we will also add the c4d shader noise support inthe fog in v3.
  13. RwVision

RwVision Active Member

And the coordinates system for gizmo, mentioned before by openeyeknows?
  14. iac

iac MC2015

Tutorial link is dead, any new link...?

Thanks.

15. stefan

you have the masterclass, i think there are some nice cloud examples which i prepared

basically use vray or c4d noises for the clouds in 3d mode, this looks pretty real
  16. iac

iac MC2015

Yes... thanks.

I thought some new tutorial out....!

17. edub

edub MC2015

Stefan - I tried finding masterclass files w/ volume clouds, but can only find phys sky+ hdri skies... can you tell me file name of these volume clouds?
  18. stefan

i look into it when i am in the office, or ask Fabion on it, i made a bunch of nioce clounds for examples.
    can be he yet needs toupload them.
  19. mrwhite

mrwhite MC2015

Its in the MC o4
  20. edub

edub MC2015

ok - thanks. Somehow I had no idea there was a MC lesson 4!! checking it out now ;)

edit: now I see several examples of environment fog - but none using the vray volume material... or?
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017