VrayforC4D Official Materials Site[old site retired]

Discussion in 'Official V-RAY for C4D Announcements' started by Tong, May 18, 2011.

1. Tong

Tong Administrator

2. stefan

stefan main admin here:-)

Dear users, a little info to this:

we start this material sharing site as "beta" today.
    we hope you like it and please also give us feedback in case you have suggestions or problems with it yet.
    post comments and questons in our feedback thread here: http://www.forum.vrayforc4d.com/showthread.php?t=9502

we ourselves will upload materials there regulary, many more are waiting here on our disks, what you see online is juts a few % yet as start. we also hope many users wil participyte to make this one of the best c4d recources for high end vray materials. there are almost endless recources on the web for great free textures, like cg textures p.e.

please do only upload nice materials (we keep the right to delete very bad mats. so we will clean up from time to team if needed)

if we all help together in realitvely short time this can grow to a huge material database.

the idea is also that this helps all a lot to see how to make materials yourselves. the principle is all time the similar. once you know how the brdf works you can virtually make any material in the world you can think of:)

so all have fun, it is open to all now!
    best greetings from the Vrayforc4d team and a big thanks to tong for puttin in so much hard work into it, realsising this site very nice and fast!
    :)

cheers
    Stefan

p.s if you like it please support us in giving us "likes" on the new VRAYforC4D facebook page-thx :)
  3. spedler

spedler Member

This is really great, thanks for setting this up. I'm looking forward to exploring these mats! I'll try to upload some of mine (if I can find any good enough) in the next few days.
  4. stefan

here anexample i made for all, it uses physical SSS and rendered only 1 min:

[​IMG]
  5. joshfilms

joshfilms Member

Awesome! Thank you!

Josh
  6. Datenland

Datenland Member

Vsry good, was needed!
  7. artdude12

artdude12 MC2015

Great job!

Thanks for all the hard work.
  8. MGZ

MGZ Member

wow thanks, the arrow way textures are helpful so know how to handle placing them in BRDF format. Thanks guys :D
  9. machmirdenlukas

machmirdenlukas Active Member

great materials in general!!
    Thanks Stefan!
  10. steppes

steppes MC2015

great! and great stuff...

will there be some kind of "quality control"? it would be great to have a site with only good materials.

or will this be done by user-voting?
  11. Behrendt

Behrendt Member

abcde
  12. bertandmax

bertandmax MC2015

is the materials site down?
  13. stefan

this very old materials had been very outdated and therefore the old material site is retired.

some new material examples for 3.4 will come during next weeks, some here work already on it
    Diegocsx and mrwhite like this.
  14. bertandmax

bertandmax MC2015

ah, ok, thanks. I know they were old, but some of the perforated metals were very useful :)
  15. mrwhite

mrwhite MC2015

any news from sigershader in that case?
  16. adamfilip

adamfilip MC2015

Page Not Found
  17. Tong

Tong Administrator

obsoquasi likes this.
  18. michele.spiga

michele.spiga MC2015

I also got

Page Not Found
  19. stefan

please note this materials are very very outdated and should not be used, at leats not without rebuilding them